2kg Gravy Beef diced
250gm Bacon diced
1 Red Onion quartered
½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 teaspoon minced Garlic
1 cup Red Wine
500ml Beef Stock
¼ cup Tomato Paste
2 sheets ready-made Puff Pastry
- Heat a large frypan (I used an electric frypan) and spray with oil. Add onion and garlic and fry 2 mins.
- Add bacon and fry a further 2 mins then add mushrooms (I left mine whole) and continue to fry for a further 2 mins.
- Add half of the Balsamic Vinegar and cook until ingredients begin to caramelise. Remove bacon, onion and mushrooms from pan and put in a bowl. Pour remaining balsamic over ingredients in bowl and set aside.
- Allow fry pan to reheat and spray with oil. Add beef and brown, if using a smaller fry pan, cook beef in batches so that it doesn’t stew, take out each batch and add it to your mushroom and bacon mix.
- Return beef, bacon and mushroom mix to frypan. Add red wine, beef stock and tomato paste. Cook on low to medium heat for 45mins to 1 hour or until sauce has reduced and meat is tender.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Grease eight 1 cup ramekins.
- Cut rounds from pastry to fit the top of ramekins
- Spoon beef mixture into ramekins and top with pastry rounds, tucking edges in around the ramekin. Cut two small air holes in top of pastry.
- Spray top of pastry with oil and bake in hot oven for 25-30 mins or until pastry is puffed and golden.