It has been an action packed month! The lead up to Christmas is always busy, but his year things seem to have been extra busy. I have had to stretch myself and learn new skills and this is what I want to share with you today.
I had a request for a Baby Shower cake. I hadn’t done one before and I wanted it to be special. I was supplied with a photo of something they liked and at first I was a bit hesitant (it had gumpaste baby booties on it), but I knew that there was sure to be a tutorial on the internet!
So here is the result:
So now for the important bits! This is a White Chocolate Mudcake and this is my go-to recipe. I can’t improve on this, the only changes I make is to increase it. For this cake I doubled the recipe (the little cube on top is also made of cake)
White Chocolate Mudcake
- 180g white eating chocolate, chopped
- 350g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 2⁄3 cups (590g) caster sugar
- 1½ cups (375ml) milk
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 2⁄3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- Grease a deep 22cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- Combine chocolate, butter, sugar and milk in a large saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl; cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk in sifted flours, extract and eggs.
- Pour mixture into pan; bake for about 1 hour 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan.
And for the baby converse tutorial I followed this one, but there are quite a few others.
You’re never to old to learn something new! These were super-fun to make and came together really easily. It gave me confidence that I could attempt something a bit more complicated…well we’ll see 🙂